Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year, PTSC Families!
We can’t wait to get our school year started. As we prepare for our students to arrive on Wednesday, August 10, we wanted to send out a few reminders.
- All Wednesdays begin with a 30-minute delayed start. This includes the first Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
- Debbie Crouch does an outstanding job with our bus transportation through First Student (219-464-3899). For the first couple of weeks, the bus often can run early or late for pickup and drop-off. Please be patient with our drivers who are working hard to keep students safe. Having your student out and waiting for the bus will make this process as smooth as possible.
- Online registration begins next week. Information will come from each school (dates and processes are specific to each school) and you can also check online at www.ptsc.k12.in.us.
- Our school calendar has been modified following the legislative session. We will no longer have monthly e-learning days at BGMS and BGHS. We will now have whole district eLearning on days that are typically election days (November and May), even if there is no voting in Porter Township. Voting will now occur at two of our campuses and it is a school safety concern as we have a lot of visitors in and out of our school buildings on those days. These eLearning days will require students to be present for live Zoom instruction with their teachers for half of the instructional day. More information will come from your child’s school prior to the eLearning days. A copy of our revised calendar can be found at https://www.ptsc.k12.in.us/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Revised-District-Calendar-2022-2023_6-9-2022-1.pdf.
- With the change in legislation, we can conduct three eLearning days as we have previously conducted our eLearning days. We are reserving these days for inclement weather days.
- Building-specific schedule and calendar information will be distributed from each building prior to the start of the school year. If you have questions, do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s principal.
- The USDA did not extend the free meals program for this school year. As a result, students will return to paying for breakfast and lunch. It is extremely important that you fill out the Free and Reduced meal application as soon as possible. Please have these applications filled out before school starts so your child/children can use the benefits for which your family qualify. You can get to the online application by going to https://www.ptsc.k12.in.us/food-services/ and scrolling down to the Free and Reduced Application link https://family.titank12.com/application/new?identifier=X2GRPQ. Once your application has been received and processed you will receive an email with the benefits for which you and your family qualify. Have questions or need help? Contact Tonia Batesole, Director of Food Service, 219-306-8600 ext 2141, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will continue to do PTSC Updates online. Subscribe so that you do not miss one! You can find our updates at: https://portertownshipschoolcorporation.wordpress.com/.
We anxiously await the start of school! I hope you and your kids are getting excited, too!